There are a TON of products out there that are designed specifically to help busy moms out. Now I haven’t tried them all (that could change anytime, oh makers of fun things), and I’m sure some of them--if not a majority of them--rock.
But until I’m able to do so, I thought I would make a list of things that I thought of in my completely exhausted state over the last eight years that would help me, a busy mom of three boys out. Here they are:
1) We’ve all heard of the Roomba®, and the Scooba®. They are lovely little robotic devices that help you clean your carpeted and hardwood floors. I don’t have one, but I’ve heard they are fabulous! But as a busy mom with three children and a dog, I was thinking (while walking with a shovel in my hands in the back yard) that someone needs to invent a Poopba. Something that will automatically go around your yard and pick up your dog’s piles so that you don’t have to do it. I mean, I wipe enough rear ends during the day, picking up more bathroom messes that are in the grass my kids play in is not something I like to do.
2) I already discussed this next item here a bit. But when the wise wonderful people who made washing machines and dryers were in their creative thinking process of design, why oh WHY did they not also think of making a Folder? A machine that folds your laundry for you! It would be a complete time saver, and I guarantee that every household would have one.
3) Okay this next thing might be a tad of a stretch, and probably comes from 8 years of doing this one activity non-stop…but would it be so hard to invite something that makes changing a diaper easier and cleaner? I don’t know what it would be (that’s what the creative inventors are for) but for some reason, my mind goes right to The Jetsons cartoon.
4) Now this idea came to me in the wee small hours of the morning as I was walking through the house to get a drink of water. What in the world would make me think of anything besides getting my water and going back to bed? LEGOS! Those itty bitty little pain in my rear wonderful creative toys that bring so much joy to my boys’ lives and really help ignite their imaginations…that’s what. There should be a product out there specifically designed to corral Legos that end up on the floor into one area. A Lego magnet, oh what I wouldn’t give for a Lego magnet. Now before you even ask…yes I do have my children pick up their Legos in the evening. But some are so tiny that they go unnoticed by everyone in the house until they are stabbing you in the foot while walking in the middle of the night, in the dark. So a Lego magnet is a must!
5) This last idea is something near and dear to my heart. Something that I’ve been dreaming about for a long time! It’s something that would put a smile on my face and a bounce in my step. It would have my eyes twinkling like a little girl on Christmas morning! What in the world could have that much power? Starbucks delivery!!! Enough said!
This is only a handful of the crazy wonderful, help-a-mommy-out ideas that I have had. Stay tuned for more sometime soon!
What invention or service would you like to see on the market that would help you out?