Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Sweetness ~ That Smile


This last week Buggy turned two.  TWO!  I only wish that was a typo!



I don’t know where the time has gone. 



Well I do.  It’s gone to diapers, and bottles, and spit-ups and ear infections.


But it’s also gone to snuggles, and kisses, and endless hours rocking him to sleep. 



It’s gone to trying to figure out how the world works.



It’s gone from cooing, to babbling, to talking and actually being understood.



It’s gone from trying to focus on his brothers, to watching them intently, to actually keeping up with them….well, at least half of the time.



It’s gone to little giggles in the beginning, to full on make-me-laugh-so-hard-I-cry belly laughs. 



It’s gone from grinning because of gas to a full on smile because he’s happy or finds something funny. 



And that smile….that precious amazing, light-up-the-world-smile.  Well it keeps this mommy searching each day to give him something else to smile about just so I can see it.  Just so I can see those eyes light up and his face exude happiness. 



Because this smile…




I’m convinced could very easily conquer the world and cure whatever ails it!

Happy, Happy Birthday dear sweet Buggy.  You were the biggest surprise of my life, and the best gift anyone could ever ask for.  I am humbled and honored each and every day to hear you call me Mama.  That role is my biggest joy in life. 


12 comments:

Kimberly said...

So beautiful.
That 2 years blew by really fast eh?
It's almost criminal.

Unknown said...

Look at that sweet face! Happy birthday Buggy!

Bits of Bee said...

Aww, wishing you little Buggy a very happy birthday! My little guy just recently turned 2 too, I can't believe how time flies!

Hopes@Staying Afloat! said...

Kimberly,
Thanks so much!

The two years went by in a flash. I'm just trying to make sure I've registered every moment in one way or another, and I just know I've missed some!

Hopes@Staying Afloat! said...

Jennifer,

Awwww..thanks so much!!!

Hopes@Staying Afloat! said...

Bits of Bees,

It's such a tough pill to swallow isn't it??

Bridget said...

Happy Birthday little one! Mama, enjoy it while it lasts:)

Hopes@Staying Afloat! said...

Bridget,

Thanks! I'm soaking up every second with him!

Alison said...

Aw, sweet sweet boy.

Hopes@Staying Afloat! said...

Alison,

Thanks, he really is the sweetest thing EVER! Of course, I may be just a tad biased! ;)

Natalie @ MamaTrack said...

He's so precious! Happy belated birthday!!

Hopes@Staying Afloat! said...

Natalie,

Thanks so much!! He has come into the age of 2 with full force!