Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

One Moment at a Time

I’ve heard about it.



I knew it existed.



I swore I wouldn’t be affected by it.



I was wrong.



That thing that everyone who has a blog inevitably talks about…..BALANCE.



And that one word?  Yeah, it beat me to a pulp.



When the little eyes of my children peered over the top of my laptop followed by a little voice asking “why are you on the computer so much?”  I knew I had failed at finding that balance. 



So I did what I had to do. 



I unplugged.  Completely unplugged from all things social media related.



And I plugged back into motherhood. 



I paid attention, played more, snuggled more, and even slept more. 



But more importantly I thought more.



More about how to find that balance, and I’m not sure I have the answer. 



But I do know this.  I promise to write when I can; when it doesn’t interfere with family life and motherhood life.  Because that to me is what life is all about.  This space is where I share all the craziness of a life outnumbered by boys, but I cannot share those little tidbits of life if I’m not living that life. 



Don’t get me wrong, I’m here; I’m more focused than ever before.  But I also have a little bit more…dare I say, balance then I did when I started this blog almost a year ago. 



And I can’t think of a better comeback than to be over at one of my favorite places in the whole wide world.  I’m over at The Kir Corner today talking about one of my Proud Mommy Moments.  Kir is amazing.  I mean, A-MAZ-ING!  Everything she writes is liquid gold.  She oozes talent with every stroke of her keyboard and her personal strength is something that has me in awe every single time I read the stories of what she went through trying to conceive her adorable twin boys.  Besides, she loves cupcakes…and shoes!  I told you she was amazing!!  I’m absolutely honored beyond belief to be over at her place and I’d love for you to join me.  


Photobucket

16 comments:

Bits of Bee said...

I'm so happy you're back, even if it's just for a little hello. I'm also envious of the balance you've found. I've been contemplating toning the blog world down a bit too, and your post has sparked that desire to find balance in me too!

Kate F. @katefineske said...

Welcome back to this space. I'm glad you took some time to get your "balance back on." Off to visit your guest post!

Kir said...

well I am absolutely CRYING about this, you're the star and the GOOD MOM!

I'm just so thrilled to be the place your had your comeback.

love you sweetie!!! xo

Hopes@Staying Afloat! said...

Bits of Bee,

I'm so very happy to be back. I can't tell you how much I've missed all over you.

Finding balance is tough. Hopefully I can hang onto it!

Hopes@Staying Afloat! said...

Kate,

Thank you so much! I've missed you!

Hopes@Staying Afloat! said...

Dearest Kir,

I'm so very thankful you asked me over to your space! You are AMAZING!

julie gardner said...

You are so smart.

Balance is hard to find, but recapturing your kids' childhood is impossible.

Good for you.

Hopes@Staying Afloat! said...

Sweet Julie,

Thank you so very much. Your words mean the world to me!

The Preppy Girl in Pink said...

So happy to have shared the day with you at The Kir Corner! Kirsten is pretty special. Looking forward to getting to know you better.
Btw, I am always looking for balance and your wallpaper reminds me that life is like surfing. Every once in a while, the perfect wave comes along and you've just got to ride out the not so good ones in the mean time. They all end up being worth it. So don't stress to much! ;-)

Megan said...

Finding balance with blogging is so hard - and I don't even have kids! I'm in awe of those who do and who still manage to keep up online!

Hopes@Staying Afloat! said...

Preppy Girl in Pink (Kristen),

I was so honored to share that time with you. Kir IS amazing!! Don't forget, our children have a future prom date together! ;-)

I love how you equate finding balance to surfing! That is perfection!

Hopes@Staying Afloat! said...

Megan,

It IS hard. But we just keep trying and at some point we will get it...right?

Anonymous said...

So, so, so glad to see you back, my friend!

Hopes@Staying Afloat! said...

Missy,

It feels, SOOO good to be back. Thank you for all of your support. It means the world to me.

Alison said...

You've bene missed. I do get this. The need for balance. I'm so glad you made the right decision to do so, and I know now that you're back, you'll make it work for you and your family.

Hopes@Staying Afloat! said...

Alison,

I missed you guys to!

I hope that I can keep whatever balance I have recently found!