This week is such a fun week for Stasha’s Monday Listicles because the fabulous Lovelinks got to choose the topic and even created a cute button to go with it. The topic is High School.
But, before I start on this week’s list I have to tell you how VERY excited I am to have been chosen to come up with next week’s topic. Little Ol’ Me was actually asked to come up with a Monday Listicles topic. I swear I must be dreaming right?? I’m honored, so very honored. But along with this honor comes a bit of pressure. I mean there are some great topics out there. I don’t want to let all the wonderful listicles people down now do I?
So I had a ton of ideas run through my head. But I kept coming back to one.
I’ve talked about how I just started embracing Fall. Well it seems Winter is here already! How did that happen?? I’m not ready! So in protest I will be going on a vacation later this week. And by vacation I mean a REAL vacation. No kids, no husband, just me and my mom for a whole week in Cabo San Lucas. So next week’s Monday Listicles topic is:
10 things that make a perfect vacation.
Have fun with it, spin it however you’d like! I can’t wait to read them all!!
And now, here are 10 of my High School Memories.
Being in High School during the early 90’s in the
Pacific Northwest really was, well…lets say
interesting! I have a lot of fantastic
memories of High School but there are a few that stand out.
1. One word. FLANNEL. I never wore so much flannel in all my life.
2. The footwear. You basically wore three things. Keds. KSwiss And my personal favorite…Birkenstocks with socks for every. Single. season. You wear them with jeans and flannel shirts in the fall and winter, and shorts in the spring and summer. They were extremely versatile and extremely UGLY! HA!
3. All the many, many concerts I performed while in the select choir called the Mello-Aires. We performed at a used car lot and the fanciest hotel downtown and everywhere in between.
4. Along the same lines of our select choir. We were able to march in the Inaugural Parade for President Clinton and then later that week, in Disney World. Band/Choir geek or not, that was a pretty amazing trip and one I will remember forever.
5. School dances. Looking back it seems we had dances for everything. There was the homecoming dance (which wasn’t formal by the way…yes I’m still bitter), Winter Formal, and Tolo’s up the yin-yang. Didn’t matter if it was formal, or if you were in a safari costume (yep…I was). They always, ALWAYS played Billy Idol’s song Mony Mony. And of course, everyone in the school changed the lyrics! For the record, Billy Idol’s lyrics were much better.
6. Football games. These were the most memorable because of the friends and not the game itself. Well, friends and a little candy. This candy I’m referring to are those “O” shaped gummi candies that taste like apple or peach or something like that. Of course these candies were re-named by a certain friend who brought them to every game. The new name was “penis-rings.” Childish, immature and stupid right? Abso-freakin-lutely. But it was High School. I can name a bunch of things that fall into that category.
7. I can’t make a list about high school without mentioning my car accident. It was a HUGE part of my high school life.
8. Skipping school in the afternoons in the spring time, like A LOT to go down to the beach and play volleyball, have a BBQ, more volleyball. It was HEAVEN!
9. Glasses. I had contacts, but I was up so darn early in the morning for my select choir class I never wore them. I should have. I look back at so many of my pictures in high school wondering why the hell I didn’t wear my friggin contacts!!
10. Friends. They made my high school memories what they are, plain and simple. They were there for me in my times of need, celebrating my times of triumphs, and reassuring in my times of uncertainty. I couldn’t have made it through High School without them.