Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

It’s Not You, It’s Me


So most of you know I’m on vacation right now in Cabo San Lucas Mexico.  If you don’t know, man oh man, I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again…get yourself on Twitter!!  Not just to keep up with me (but why wouldn’t you want to) but for the vast amount of knowledge that is shared there!!    



I’m unplugging….for a whole week.



In the blogging world that usually implies an understandable bloggy burnout.  I’ve learned very quickly (as we all do) that blogging can take a toll on you and you need to just walk away sometimes.


But that’s not the case for me.  I don’t have bloggy burnout. I actually spent the last few days vacillating between which computer devices I want to take with me to “stay connected.”  Turns out, laptop, iPad, and the iPhone are just a bit too much for me to bring to Mexico. 



No my burnout is of a different sort.



I’m in a Mommy Burnout!



So I planned this trip a long time ago, even BEFORE I started blogging…GASP!  It is going to be a fun week away with no children and no husband just me and my mom for a mother-daughter getaway! 



My mom, I LOVE my mom.  We have so much fun together.  We used to go out on mother-daughter weekend getaways here locally.  But the last time we did that was before I got pregnant with Sweet Pea so that is basically 6 years ago.  This time?  This time we are doing it up BIG!



We are going to have a BLAST!



As far as blogging goes, I am of course going to have stuff for you fabulous people to read.  I’m too much of a control freak not to.  Wait, did I just admit that?  DAMN that was supposed to be a secret! 



But what I won’t be able to do, and what I really do feel badly about…is read and comment on all your fabulous blogs. 



Hear this!



I LOVE to read your words.  You inspire me.  You make me think.  You make me cry.  You make me go and hug my children just a little bit longer that evening. You make me laugh. 

I want to be able to tell you these things every time you put yourself out there with your posts.  But for one week, I won’t be able to.



Now I know you don’t rely on my comments for validation (hardly).  I realize that I’m not the end all be all to your comment feed.  Far freaking from it.  But I wanted to let you know that I will miss reading your thoughts, your insight, and your humor.



I promise I will be up and running in a weeks time!



And you better watch out.  Because this mama is going to have blogging/tweeting/commenting withdrawals and there’s no telling what she will do when I get back!



Will I think about you ABSOLUTELY! Will I go out of my way to spend a bazillion dollars just to connect with you via my phone (oh yeah, I checked into it), nope.  But that doesn’t mean I don’t love you or want to know what you’re thinking.



It just means that I’m in Mommy Burnout mode.  I’m taking a break for station identification and will be back soon.



Hasta La Vista Baby!



I will raise a Margarita in honor of each of my readers.  Well, okay.  Not each and EVERY one of you because that would land me in a Hospital in a foreign country and THAT is something I would like to avoid at all costs!





So I will catch you on the flip side and I expect a full report about what I’ve missed when I get back! 



Since I’m in paradise, what is your favorite tropical drink??

10 comments:

Alison said...

Oh, so fun, a girls getaway!!!!

I used to do an annual getaway with my sister, but not since I had Monkey. I so understand the value and importance of getting away, yes, even from the kids. So I do hope you have a fabulous time with your Mom.

Don't worry about us, we understand. I will miss your comments, but I know you'll be back with a vengeance :)

When I used to drink, I loved Pina Colada. Even now, I drink Virgin Coladas when they're available!

Cookie’s Mom said...

Have said this a few times already, but have a fantastic time!!! Talk to you when you get back! I look forward to reading your MondayListicles post - looking forward to this week's topic. Great pick!

Julie said...

HAVE SO MUCH FUN!

(Now, imagine my voice isn't tinged with jealousy. And maybe margaritas. One of those is true ;-)

XOXO

Kir said...

First have a ball!!!

I love that. You are going with your mom, I adore my mom and I know we'd have a blast together in the tropics...this is memory making time my friend.

Second how GD cute are you????? I love the idea of u not wanting to give up the blog world for a week.

And since it's virtual and you're buying (right????) Something with coconut in it...I love coconut!!!

Smooches

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Have a wonderful vacation and don't worry about the blog AT ALL!!

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

Oh could I ever do for a nice vacation :) Enjoy it!!

Amanda said...

Hope you're having a great time, Hopes!

Margaritas, daquiries, and bellinis, oh my! ;)

Stasha said...

Hope you are having a Margarita as I type this!

LA Botchar said...

Have a fabulous time with your mom! My mom and I do smaller scale things every now and then, and it is a wonderful way for us to maintain OUR mommy/daughter bond -- without my 3 kids crawling all over us!

Would love to do it up big with her just once like you are: so have a coconut special for me! What' that you say? When you hear them calling "coconut!!!" just go see. trust.

Missy | Literal Mom said...

Hope you've had the best time EVER!