It’s time for another fantastic list for Stasha’s Monday’sListicles. I’m really loving making these lists and reading everyone else’s lists.
I’m even more excited about this week’s topic. Because well, I was given the honor of choosing this week’s topic and it’s all about VACATIONS. Which is my favorite topic aside from my children of course.
You all know how I feel about family vacations. They aren’t vacations at all, they are adventures.
While there is absolutely nothing wrong with adventures (I’m really fond of them), sometimes a perfect vacation is just what the doctor ordered.
Here are the things that HAVE to be present in order for me to call a vacation perfect.
- SUN!! I live in the land of rain, so sunshine is a must for my vacations.
- A large body of water preferably a tropical sea of some sort. I am a water girl. Love the sound of the water lapping up onto the shore. I love the swimming and snorkeling you can do. Yes, my perfect vacation needs to have water in it. Pools are fine too, but they have to be in addition to sea.
- To go along with that water there must also be sand! There is nothing like putting your bare feet into sand that has been warmed by the sun! NOTHING!
- There must be a tropical flower, fruit, or a fun umbrella in whatever I’m drinking…even if it’s just water!! I love it!
- There should be a wonderful server who brings these drinks. Someone who is attentive and notices when the glass is just about empty. It helps if there is a flag you can raise to have your server come out to the beach and take your order. Hey now, the topic is PERFECT vacation after all.
- A swim up bar at the pool. Need I say more.
- A book. Not a computerized copy of a book. An actual book with actual pages that I can crease and turn and basically ruin by the time I’m done.
- There does need to be things you can do in the area if you are feeling adventurous, but if you’re not…no biggy.
- The company! I need to be able to enjoy the company I have on vacations. To not feel like I have to do everything they want to do. When it’s my husband that’s a no brainer. Friends can get a bit tricky because you are living with them for a solid week. Family is the same way. Your company can make or break a vacation so choose wisely. I haven’t been disappointed yet!
- TIME! I need more time while on a perfect vacation. One week just isn’t enough, two would be ideal or hey…if I’m dreaming a month would be OUTSTANDING!