Okay so my first time linking up to Stasha’s MondayListicles was so fun you know I just had to do it again…right?
This week is all about Guilty Pleasures. And who doesn’t have those? And even MORE important, how the heck do you narrow them down?
I did my very best today! But if you really must know, I have more than ten. These are just the things that help to keep my sanity in check!
It’s no secret that I’m totally outnumbered in my household. I mean, its not even close. The only girl in the house is me…with the exception of a furry four legged dog that goes outside to use the bathroom. It is totally hard to relate to an animal that does a move that we call the “pretzel” to clean herself so I have to find other ways to keep my calmness, sanity, and not to mention my femininity.
So my guilty pleasures are simple things…but they are also the most infrequent things.
1) Once in a blue moon I like to indulge in a bubble bath with candles and a glass of wine. A locked bathroom door = perfection.
2) I have a feminine flowery down comforter cover. Because really…I have to look at Cars and Star Wars blankets (not to mention underwear) all day long….it’s nice to sleep under something pretty.
3) Brownies. Okay, enough said. You can totally make these soft, chewy morsels of heaven as decadent as you want especially after a long day of dodging Nerf Darts…Just sayin’.
4) When my husband knows I’ve had a rough day/week/month with the boys he surprises me with a Gift Certificate for a massage. A MASSAGE people! I swear they have to kick me out of the room each and every time that damn timer goes off.
5) Silence. I know, it’s oh so romantic huh? But Silence is somewhat an indulgence in my house of boys. And therefore receives the title of a guilty pleasure. It’s so very rare, and when it happens the little
minions angels are up to something.
6) Every once in awhile I’ve had enough testosterone to make me think I myself am growing a “third leg” so I call up some of my girlfriends to beg them to go out to dinner with me. Just me, my girls, dinner and a glass of wine. What can be better than that?
7) I can’t forget my Starbucks. It’s a ridiculous amount of money to spend for a cup of coffee. But at least 4 times a week I find myself forking over my money ever so happily for that lovely steamy cup of survival. SO. WORTH. IT!
8) There is at least one “chick show” I like to watch each week. Grey’s Anatomy is a perfect example.
9) WINE! I simply cannot forget my wine. Although I don’t know if it can technically make the list as I don’t feel a single bit guilty about it. But nonetheless it is a HUGE pleasure of mine.
10) Here we are at the end of the list and I have only one other guilty pleasure I can think of. While it doesn’t fall into the category of simply it is totally a guilty pleasure in my book. It’s my brand spanking not-even-24hours-old-yet new iPhone. Did I REALLY need it? Nope. But I REALLY wanted it so I forked over the obscene amount of money for the darn thing and you know what? This mommy….This only girl in the entire house….well, she couldn’t be happier.
What Little Things Do You Do Just for YOU?